Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Boys Do


It's quiet here at home during the day when the kids are in school. At the beginning of the school year I took a lot of naps. But now that I have had time to adjust to being home ALONE during the day I figured out a cleaning schedule that works for me. The first load of laundry goes into the wash as soon as the I return home from the morning school delivery. And I do at least three loads every morning instead of waiting for baskets to fill up at the end of the week. As if it would take that long for baskets to fill up in a house with five kids. Anywho...at least twice a week I strip the beds and wash sheets and blankets.
Occasionally I find - lets call them interesting - artifacts under my boys' pillows. Things like multi tools and cameras. We're not just talking Princess and the Pea here. This is a treasure trove full of stuff. The Egyptians buried their Pharaohs with treasure for the afterlife. I can only imagine what my boys are thinking when they sleep with this stuff under their pillows. Here is what I found under one pillow today:
One progress report - not seen by mom until now
A car - for a fast get away?
One knife - to fight off the boogie man
One comb - to look good for the girls in their dream
One wallet - because you never know when you are going to need money - maybe to impress the ladies
One thumbtack - who knows, MacGyver would know what to do with it
One pom-pom - I'm lost on that one - MacGyver could use that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think :-)